Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Creeper-y Quilt

Hsssssss.....boom!

It's a Minecraft Creeper Quilt! Clark is really diggin' Minecraft lately (pun intended), so I made him a Creeper quilt for his birthday. More details here. He loves his creeper!

I decided on a black and white crosshatch for the backing. Love it!

Want to make your own?

Fabric:
1 1/3 yards each of four different shades of green
1 1/3 yards of black (blocks and binding)
4 1/2 yards of backing fabric
Twin Size Batting

Block size: 6 1/2"
Finished Quilt Size: 72" x 84"

Cutting:
Cut 26 blocks from the black fabric
Cut 37 blocks of each of the green fabrics
Cut 8 strips of black fabric for binding (2.5" wide)

Piecing:
I created a diagram on graph paper so that no two greens would be right next to each other. When sewing, I keep the diagram on my left and the stack of squares on my right and just keep sewing, just keep sewing... (a la Dory from Finding Nemo).

Quilting:
I really liked how straight line quilting worked on this one. I quilted 1/4" on either side of the seams. I used a variegated green thread on the green parts and then black on the black. I didn't want the green to interrupt the black of the face.

Next project...a redstone pillow perhaps?!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...