Saturday, August 24, 2013

And He's Six!

This kid sets the bar pretty high. The night before his birthday he told me I could go downstairs and decorate for his birthday. I wasn't really planning on doing anything, but I had to come up with something since he was kind of expecting it. I put up our Happy Birthday banner and had Jason get him a balloon and some candy to put at his chair. He loved them both but told me that he should have more balloons because he's six. I think he's having trouble differentiating between his birthday and his birthday party!

Clark was able to celebrate with his class at school this year on his birthday. He brought in Angry Bird cupcakes. Jason also picked him up a special lunch from Subway to take instead of having to buy his lunch. He loved that!

We picked Clark up from school and headed straight to Chuck E. Cheese for a "delicious" dinner and some fun games. The boys loved this new racing game. Clark and I are embracing our inner Taiwanese and showing how they count 6 on their fingers. Kara's eating her dress, hah!

A cute photo with Chuck E himself. Kent is terrified of Chuck E. He's constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure he's not following him.

After Chuck E Cheese, we headed over to Clark's football practice. He told us he had a headache on the way to practice, but we figured it was just because of the first week of school. So, like the good parents we are, we forced him to practice. On the last scrimmage he gave out. He walked off the field and had Jason carry him to the car.

When we got home, he ran in and Jason got him to the sink just in time to throw up. Oh I felt so bad for him. It's bad enough to be sick, but to be sick on your birthday...terrible!

He still wanted to open his gifts and we were excited to give them to him. He got a bunch of Minecraft stuff including this hat. Each smile is totally forced. In between pictures he looked absolutely miserable.

I made him this creeper quilt and was really excited to give it to him. He loved it, especially since he could curl up with it when he went to bed. I'm happy to say that he didn't get a bit of vomit on it despite the fact that he got up 5 more times in the middle of the night.

Here he is faking the candle blow out. I'm not sure why my camera is putting these ghostly flames on him. I'll have to figure that one out. He let us sing to him and then he asked to go to bed. Without cake. Poor guy.

He's feeling better now, thank goodness! Happy 6th Birthday Clark!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...