Thursday, May 02, 2013

This Quilt Scores Two Thumbs Up!

Kent's quilt for his big boy bed is finally finished! A little behind schedule but I don't think he noticed.

See...he even gives it two thumbs up!

He wanted a sports theme, so we collected a bunch of different sports fabric. Some of it is harder to acquire than others. Like the Chicago White Sox fabric. And don't even get me started on trying to find Blackhawks fabric. I just made up the pattern of squares and rectangles. The squares are 5" and the rectangles are 10"x5".

Seriously. He's too cute.

He loves pointing out all of his favorite sports. Or maybe he is showing the wonderful straight line quilting that we did.

Or he could be talking about how in the summer we are going to go golfing. When I was basting the quilt I had a safety pin in each square. He came down from his nap and saw that I was working on his blanket. He got all excited and then stopped when he saw the pins. "Mom, those pins are going to hurt me. We need to take them out."

I love the referee stripe binding (used for his birthday party backdrop last year) and the backing is a Michael Miller print that was just perfect.

How can you not love this guy? Dandelions are in full bloom around here and he always takes time to pick them for me. How sweet. I hope you like your quilt buddy!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...