Friday, February 15, 2013

Choo Choo Barn and More

Woo hoo! My computer is back and better than ever! So before we get into the rest of the timely posts, I have to finish my PA recap. That way I remember what happened and it doesn't all go to mush in my head. That's what happens when you're pregnant. Everything turns to mush in your head.

I think this was the boys' favorite day out. We started at the Choo Choo Barn. It's really one guy's enormous collection of model trains set up in a big room. The boys loved seeing the different scenes and trying to find all of the Santas. There were 51 Santas hidden in the display, so we tried to count them all. Our largest count was 45. We also loved seeing the Hershey trucks throughout the display. You know...since we're all about Hershey now. Kent said his favorite part of the Choo Choo Barn was the choo choos. Clark said he couldn't pick just one thing. He loved it all.

Some highlights of the Choo Choo Barn - Hershey trucks, Santas everywhere and the House of Reptiles Rattlesnake truck. The boys thought that it was sooo funny to tease me about the rattlesnakes.


I loved seeing the boys like this as we walked around. They are such good friends.

A Choo Choo to climb in 

We had a lunch at KFC/Long John Silvers and had a great time with hats and chicken legs.

I was a little hesitant to take the boys to the Sight and Sound Theatre, but I am SOOO glad that I did. The tickets were a little pricey, I was going to be all on my own trying to keep them interested in the show, and I wasn't sure they were going to like a live action theatre presentation. Well, they LOVED it! The show was absolutely amazing - the underwater scenes especially. We were covered by a huge wave and the fish, sharks and the whale were swimming all around us. Since we've been home, Kent picks Jonah and the Whale for his scripture story each time it is his turn. The Theatre's slogan of "Where the Bible comes to life" is right on. I'd love to go to another Sight and Sound presentation if ever we are back in Lancaster, PA or Branson, MO.

And...there was an old lady who lived in a shoe! We had to stop by the Haines Shoe House just for Grandma Mary. She would have loved this place. The tours were closed since it was winter, but it was still fun to see the outside of it.



1 comment:

-michele said...

I have seen that shoe house on HGTV! way cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...