Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Baby Quilt in a Day

I went to a baby shower two weeks ago, and this was my offering to the hip little lady! It was seriously hard to part with this number. I love the colors and the black and white binding. You will definitely be seeing a lot more of the black and white binding! But if it had to go to someone, it should be a young mom with some style...and that's exactly who it went to!

I used a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. It's the best use of charm squares that I've ever seen in a quilt. And I was looking!! You can find the pattern here. It was really easy to put together and the whole thing took a grand total of about 6 hours...which includes making sandwiches for little guys, changing diapers...you get the picture!

I used my walking foot to quilt some straight lines in the pink parts. I think it works. I might have done more, but I'm still very unsure about the actual quilting part. I just never know if I should sew over the patterns or not. How dense? What color thread? Etc, etc, etc. I have lots of questions still! And that's why I'll just keep practicing! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...