Monday, July 25, 2011

Food Face Plates

How fun are these?
I followed this tutorial to make these plates for a friend. Dinner time will never be the same again. I want to make a set for our family as well. Maybe I should make 3 or 4 sets. Then I don't have to do dishes as often! The marker is a porcelain paint marker that hardens when you heat it up and is completely food safe. So you draw on the plate, wait 24 hours for it to dry and then bake at 300 for 35 minutes. The directions are all on the packaging! I used the same marker that Kalleen used in her tutorial linked above, Pebeo Porcelaine Markers (found at Michaels).

These plates were made for Michele as one of my Facebook crafts. At the beginning of the year I saw someone's status that said something like "if you comment, I will make you something homemade this year as long as you put this in your status and make something for the first five people who comment." So...this is for Michele...Happy Facebook! Hopefully I'll be finishing up my other 4 Facebook crafts very soon! This also lets me cross 1/5 of one of the items on my 2011 Craft Bucket List.

I've used this technique for a couple of different plates as well. This one is for our recently released Relief Society President as a thank you for her years of serving us.

And this one I made for my mom last Christmas. She signs all of her cards to the kids with these little faces so they know who it is from. I think it turned out so cute! She has it set up in her kitchen. She of course wants to know why her face is wider than Boompa's. Aye.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...