So the Pop Up Camper Redo has begun. Here is the camper all popped out with the crazy awning/screen room. The screen room doesn't really work but the awning is nice. The camper is in pretty good shape. The canvas is relatively new and only has a few minor places where it needs to be repaired.
Before - front
Before - back
When we opened the camper and started moving things a bit, we noticed some pretty bad spots on the roof. Jason just patched the really awful spot, but we are going to wait until winter before we redo the whole roof. It's not leaking or anything so we should be okay but it needs to get fixed.
We took out all of the cabinets and made a bunch of dirt so the after photos look better. It's a good plan in my book. This is the front of the camper.
Back of the camper with cabinets removed.
I scraped all of the walls to remove the loose woodgrain paper. I cleaned it with a TSP cleaner. Then I put on a coat of primer and two coats of paint. We decided to go with Wilmington Tan by Behr. The color almost matches the canvas perfectly. We are painting the cabinets dark but I didn't want the walls to be dark as well even though you don't see much of them.
We replaced the flooring with click lock vinyl flooring. It looks so nice! What a difference it made! A lot of people use the sticky kind, but we like the idea of a floating floor a little better.
A view from outside the camper. Freshly painted walls, new floor...you won't recognize this place when we're done!
More updates soon!