Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The Man in Red

We went to Bass Pro Shops to visit Santa. I swear it's the best place to visit him. We thought we were smart going on a Thursday, but we still had to wait an hour. It's a good thing we love a lot of things at Bass Pro Shops! The kids were all very excited to see Santa. They were all happy and sort of smiling (Kara!). She was so enthralled by the white puff ball on Santa's hat. It took a lot of cajoling to get her to look our way.

Prior to this visit, Clark was going to ask for Minecraft stuff and Kent wanted big football players and big cars and little football players and little cars. He was very specific and had to say each of them individually. Kara was hoping for a princess castle. When they got to Santa to tell him what they wanted, Clark went specific and asked for the Minecraft Lego set The Nether. Then Kent said he wanted Minecraft stuff too. What?! Santa's elves have a hard time when kids change their minds last minute, especially since Santa and the elves know so well that the kid still wants big football players and big cars and little football players and little cars. It all worked out in the end though!
I love all of the things that the kids can do at Bass Pro while they are waiting for their Santa visit. More than that, I love that I get to wait in line where it's quiet and uneventful. It's such a nice little break for me!

For previous Santa visits, click here: 2012, 2011, 2007


1 comment:

-michele said...

I am so jealous. We have never been... and this year I was DETERMINED to go... but alas... FAILED and didn't make it!

I didn't even get a single Santa picture this year. EPIC FAILURE as a mom!

Maybe I can get Ron Dodd to don his suit and I can pretend that it was prior to Crhistmas 2013!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...