Saturday, September 07, 2013

Kara's Room

Welcome to Kara's room! I had the room planned out before the boys were moved out of it. Then we started moving furniture into the room and all the plans went out the window. Isn't that the way? The shape of the room made space planning a little tricky. We must have moved the crib a million times. I do love the way it came together though. I've included a source list at the end of the post.

There are still a few things that are in progress like lowering the curtains so they touch the floor and hanging the bow holder. I am planning on putting the bow holder above the changing table with some hooks for headbands and things, but I haven't found the right thing yet. I'm also debating whether or not to change the red ribbon to pink. I love the matryoshkas!

My first successful gallery wall. At least I think it is successful. It's also still a work in progress. I'd like to add a few more things, but I can't rush finding the perfect pieces. Maybe I'll add some vinyl on top, maybe.

A lovely little shot of three of my favorite children's books for girls...

My favorite art piece! I'm hoping to get either another one this size or two smaller ones at the Odeum Fall Festival this year. That way it will fill the wall a little better. Lynn Sanchelli of Painted Stuf is just a delight to work with! I first saw her work at the Odeum Fall Festival years ago. I always said that if I ever had a girl I would get this quote painted by her to hang in the nursery. I'm so glad I remembered! I emailed Lynn to see if she would create a pianting for me. She readily agreed and even asked for a color palette. I wanted to give her as much creative license as I could so I just sent a little picture of a fabric swatch. I just LOVE the finished product!

And just so we are keeping it real...we still need to do closet doors and put a door handle on her bedroom door. What girl doesn't want an air compressor in her closet? The table chandelier is another work in progress. I'm still considering if I should paint it and where I'm going to put it.

Sources:
Paint: Behr Hawaiian Shell
Ceiling fan and Tiffany glass light kit: Menards
Wall Vinyl: Etsy Shop - Cuma
Crib, Dresser and Changing Table: JCPenney
Curtains: Gypsy Ruffled Rod Pocket Sheer Panel from JCPenney
Eames Rocker: Gift
Laundry Cart: Country Door
Supergirl Picture: C2E2
Nauvoo Temple Watercolor: Mary Fielding Summerhays
Mary and Jesus: Kissing the Face of God by Morgan Weistling The girl who is modeling Mary was an investigator that Jason taught on his mission.
Matryoshka Print: Etsy gift
Kara Birth Details: Etsy gift
Other gallery wall items: various sources
Books: Flora and the Flamingo, My Name is Not Isabella, Just Being Audrey
She Believed She Could Painting: Custom Made by Lynn Sanchelli of Painted Stuf
Table Chandelier: local shop
Quilt: Details here
Air Compressor: Home Depot, haha!

For fun, here's what the room looked like when we moved in. We had basically stripped it and then started over. We also had to build a header for the closet so we could use regular closet doors instead of custom ones (not that we've ever installed closet doors, haha!). We did all of that back when we moved Clark into this room.

Clark's room was never officially finished, so I have very limited pictures of it. It was more finished than this picture, but we'll never have a record of it now. How sad! Now I know that I should take more pictures of the "almost done" too. Here's a picture of his hanging bed at least!

If you have any questions on other items just let me know and I'll see if I can find a link! Thanks for visiting!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...