Thursday, October 04, 2012

I've Been Crafting

It's that time of year when I start crafting! I may have the motivation to create tutorials for these, but maybe not. I created them all with just a picture, so you might be able to also. 

Here's a photo board that was inspired by a photo board that we saw at the Odeum craft show. Then I found one online by good old Martha Stewart. She does have a tutorial for her board - though it is much bigger. The one I made is approx. 18x22. I think I have a little too much bend in my pics, so I might trim the pics down a little. 

This was a craft we saw on Pinterest. I did find a tutorial here also. I made mine with 8x8 shadowboxes found at Michael's. I created the vinyl design on my own based on the one I saw. Oh I think it's so cute!

I loved the Jingle All the Way shadowbox and thought there might be a way to make it a little more Christ-centered for Christmas. So I came up with this idea. I bought a woodgrain scrapbook paper and applied the vinyl manger to it. The vinyl lettering is on the outside of the glass. I used raffia as the straw.

I love the idea of fabric covered magnet boards. They are a lot of fun and the magnets are so easy to make. I made both marble and bottlecap magnets. I thought I would like the bottlecap ones better that I do. But it was worth a shot. We're going to hang this in the boys' room.

My safety pin beaded Christmas tree ornament! I love this little thing. It was a bear to try to figure out, but I did it! I'm most likely going to post a tutorial for this one. I'm also going to use red ribbon...that way it will stand out a bit more. This is my grown up version of this Oriental Trading kit. It's just so cute!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

You kill me.

I haven't crafted, well...ever.

When are you finding the time to just whip these adorable things up?

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that adorable manger? Love it!

donagone@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! Where did you find the manger and fonts?

Mary Wilde said...

The manger was from a image search of "manger silhouette". I cleaned up the image in Photoshop Elements and used my Silhouette to cut the vinyl. The fonts were just some that I had on my computer. I'm not exactly sure what fonts they were. Sorry! Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...