Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Tamie's Quilt

Another quilt finish! I'm having a lot of fun and learning a lot of different things with each of these quilts. I had some fat quarters of a few asian inspired fabrics that I wanted to use for Tamie. She served her mission in Hong Kong, so I wanted something to honor that.

I found this great tutorial by Two Little Banshees that uses only 6 fat quarters. The quilt went together really quickly. And I really love the way it turned out. It's not your typical baby blanket fabrics, but I kind of like that.

Backed in lavender and white polka dots and bound in a solid purple.The quilting is just straight line quilting done on my machine. I have learned that it is very important to tape straight lines. I cannot eyeball a straight line over 10.5"!
And I didn't even know her favorite color was purple until I gave it to her. Serendipity!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...