Thursday, March 01, 2012

Some Favorites from My Shelf

Has anyone ever asked you what your favorite book was? And then you had about 75 titles swimming in your head? Well, I've tried to narrow my favorites down to just a few so when that question comes up, I'm ready with an answer.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I NEVER thought I would say that this was one of my  favorite books, but it really is. I just love reading it. It's one of the few books that I can read over and over again without growing tired of it.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I love everything about this story. I even love the letter format. What a fantastic read!
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
I was really struck by this one. I should read it again soon.
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Typically I wouldn't recommend a story of a serial killer, but this is one amazing piece of non-fiction.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I really loved Stockett's writing style and character development. A definite must read.
The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella
This series is all fun. That's it. And I love it.

Spill the beans. What are your favorite books?


1 comment:

Mom of 5 Boys said...

That's a pretty eclectic list! Fountainhead is the book Ben is currently writing a paper on for AP Lit. He's not loving everything about it. Somehow my all time fave book is Great Gatsby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...