Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mom, what's for lunch?

Answer: Play Dough!!

Yep, you read that right! Play with your food and eat it too. I stumbled on this awesome idea from Our Best Bites. Best cooking site ever. Seriously. One of my favorite dishes is the Cashew Sweet and Sour Pork. Clark loved eating snow peas... 'nuf said, right?! I'm anxious to get their cookbook...maybe for my birthday. They have great ideas for cooking with kids and cooking for kids. Love it.

Back to lunch...

I whipped up a batch of this play dough and let the kids have at it. I've cut the recipe in half here for just the two little boys.

Peanut Butter Play Dough
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup honey

Mix. I used my Kitchen Aid, but I suppose if you are less crabby about messy floors you could have the kids mix it up. It was pretty sticky. Maybe more powdered sugar next time? I mean...how could you go wrong with more powdered sugar?

The verdict: Kent preferred to eat it (and the table?)...
...and Clark preferred to play with it. He's made a birthday cake here for me. How sweet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...