Friday, September 10, 2010

Tree Stump Pumpkin

Many, many years ago my mom bought a tree stump pumpkin that we all loved and secretly coveted. After all those years of wanting, we finally made some tree stump pumpkins out of a fallen tree from a spring storm.

My dad cut several stumps with the chainsaw and he sanded the fronts so they were a little smoother. Then I freehanded this pumpkin with some craft paint. I used my mom's pumpkin as a guide. It looked a little too bright, so we took some watered down black paint and rubbed it over the pumpkin. He looked much better after that! Super easy and super cute!

He's one of my favorite Halloween decorations!!

3 comments:

Red Couch Recipes said...

He is a very cute pumpkin...when I read the title, I thought the stump would be in the ground! Joni

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Looks fabulous!!!

Terrell said...

Oh how creative is this!! Way to go, girly! I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my link party each Friday! Hope to see you there!!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...