I'm helping out with our ward's Super Saturday again this year. But this time I'm only doing one project. This might be the one...
I saw this project just after we had decided on last year's Super Sat. projects and knew that it would be a great one for this year.
So here's my version with instructions on how to make your own.
Gather your supplies:
-glass etching cream
-2x3 picture frame
-(not pictured) family picture, paper towels, glass cleaner, needle, thread
1. Clean your glass block and apply the stencil. I made this stencil on my Silhouette using the Great Vibes font. Then I did an Internet search for the swirl. I can't remember the site where I found this one. Use masking tape if you are worried that the glass etching cream will spill out over your stencil.
2. Liberally apply glass etching cream over the entire stencil. Make sure to brush up and down and back and forth for the best coverage. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Wipe off the glass etching cream and return it to the jar. You can reuse this stuff! Then rinse off the block with water. Remove the stencil and then clean the glass with glass cleaner.
4. Fill the block with some rocks or sand or shells or beads or anything really!
5. Place the picture frame on the rocks and ensure that it is straight.
6. Tie a ribbon around the block and sew a button onto the middle of the bow.