Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gotta Love the Shedd

Earlier in the summer we went to the Shedd Aquarium on a free day. Call us crazy. There were only 17 million people there. That's a rough estimate but I think I'm close. I think it is worth the price of admission so you don't have to deal with all those people...especially since Clark got lost which was a scary fiasco that I don't care to write about. It was only for a few minutes, but yikes!

So, on to other news...I tried out a few different settings on my camera to take pics of the creatures. Some worked better than others as you can see. I loved the chameleon and the Blue Iguana. So awesome. The jellies are just so relaxing to watch. They are the neatest things.
So this was Kent's first time at the aquarium. Clark and I were very excited to see how he liked it. Here Clark is checking in.... I rolled Kent up to the first tank and he just stared. When I went to roll him to the next tank, he started crying because he didn't want to leave the other one. By the third tank he figured there were many more to see and stopped the water works.
Clark showing Kent the cool turtle. It took me forever to get Kent to stank up against this tank. I think he was afraid to fall in the water. He only stood for a few seconds and then right back down.
 Here's Kent watching the puffer fish swim back and forth. So cute!
Clark playing in the tide pools. I love the whole bottom level of the aquarium. It's one of my favorite parts of our visits there.
Clark's favorite part is dressing up like a penguin and climbing on the rocks and sliding down the ice slides. I mean, why wouldn't you love that? These penguin costumes are great too. They would be so easy to make, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
What's your favorite animal at the aquarium?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...