We'll start with a before, during, after shot. I don't mind spoiling surprises. It's not a spectacular transformation by any means, but I'll tell you that this was the most fun I have ever had cleaning up the pantry.
I'm a big fan of the top ten lists, so here goes...
Top Ten Worst Things Found in My Pantry
2. At least 6 cans of Nacho Cheese - So we may have had a family party once where we ran out of food. So now when we buy for parties...let's just say we don't usually run out anymore. What am I going to do with 6 cans of Nacho Cheese?
3. Gerber Biter Biscuits - They should really be called Gerber Gooey Messy Gross in a Biscuit (not quite the same ring...)
4. Regular Lasagna Noodles - I have since come to know the wonder of no-cook lasagna noodles. Yay.
5. Sugar Free Calorie Free Strawberry Preserves - Too good to be true I think. I never even opened it. I was a little afraid of how it would actually taste and what would happen if I took a bite. Almost like a poisoned apple or something. It went in the trash right after it's 15 seconds of pantry picture fame.
6. Chunk Chicken in a Can - Yuck. I cannot handle the smell of this stuff. I sent this off to the food pantry as it was still within its shelf life.
7. Tuna - Just because it's tuna. Blech.
8. Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal Bars - I'm a big fan of cold cereal. So when I saw cereal bars that were like my favorite bowl on the go, I was very excited. Until I tasted it. Another Yuck.
9. Dole Pineapple Cans - Seriously, Dole? Can't you make your cans so they can stack on top of one another properly? drives. me. crazy.
10. Heinz Ketchup - This is our ketchup of choice. It only made the list because if I had cleaned out the pantry BEFORE I went to the grocery store, I wouldn't have stocked up on more.
Top Ten Best Things Found in My Pantry
2. Cold Cereal - I've already admitted my love of cold cereal. I'd eat it for every meal if I could.
3. Bisquick - I love this stuff for two reasons - dumplings and pancakes. The Bisquick Melt In Your Mouth Pancakes are sooooo good. And dumplings in Chicken Noodle Soup - nothing can beat that.
4. Gerber Puffs - They might stick to everything under the sun, but give a kid some puffs and you can finally get something done for once!
5. Cookie Monster Treat Jar - No explanation necessary!
6. Bishop's Storehouse Hot Cocoa - If it is one thing that Mormons know it is hot chocolate! The best stuff on earth.
7. Emerald Pecan Pie Pecans - These will rock your sweet potato casserole. Without them, they're just yams. Click here for my recipe.
8. Kraft Cheese and Macaroni - It's the cheesiest. And best when made with real butter and whole milk. Yum-O!
9. Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce - We tried a lot of different stir fry sauces before we settled on this one. This is my favorite and makes Stir Fry a SUPER easy and quick meal. Click here for our recipe (and 6 others).
10. Solo Raspberry Pie & Pastry Filling - Without this, there wouldn't be any ice cream kolachky. Forgive my American-ized spelling! Click here for my recipe.
And there you have it...more than you've ever wanted to know about what's in my pantry.
So...what's in your pantry?